Shino Ruby-on-Rails developer, and designer
Shino is a new Ruby-on-Rails developer, currently building and designing the Blog and Bootrails itself. You can keep in touch via Twitter. Warning, most discussions will be around Rails ! @ShinoKouda
David Ruby-on-Rails developer, and writer
Bootrails is born after years of practicing Rails.
Ruby-on-Rails is a great free, open-source Framework.
Here are the some incredible things we discovered with Rails, that are still amazing nowadays :
- ActiveRecord. A very neat API to abstract SQL.
- The developer's console. A powerful way to inspect the bowels of your app.
- Routes. Convention-over-configuration principle makeEvery HTTP route is
- Ruby syntax. It is both concise and easy to read
- The community and ecosystem is strong and vibrant.
- And many other things that make the dev's every working day a breeze.
However, there are also bad things with Rails. Notably the lack of transparency about the roadmap.
Also, some key features are badly missing :
- No authentication
- No authorization
- No way to edit HTML
- No admin
- No blog
- No UI Design
- No test example
- No Continuous Integration
Bootrails is simply a wrapper around the "rails new" command, so that you can start with all these missing features
Please read the why section.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Send us an e-mail at :